Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

16.5" EXcelerator II coils and headphone connection crapped out!

Black Davy

I am looking to add 16.5" Excelerator coil. I have the stock 10.5" and the Excelerator 5" already. Anyone using these larger coils? Will it go the 22" they say on a coin at the beach? at $199 I going to have to scratch up some more change for the purchase. I was working the beaches in Rhode Island on Sunday and hit for my first Gold ring of the season and some change. It was High Tide going out and the line was in between the surf and the high tide line. I had a couple signals that gave a tone with a reading that was at the bottom of the depth meter. When I went back I could not locate it again. I scratched the surface down a few inches in a 3'-0" square to see if I could get it again but I am sure it was a deep target. So with that said I need to go deeper!

Anyone have there headphone connection go bad? it's not the headphones.

I use the 10X14 Excelerator and it is plenty deep. I have seen postings that refer to the observation that when a coil diameter goes past 15" it loses sensitivity to smaller targets. Always a trade-off.

Hey, John, how do you like that 14 incher? That's one of the bigger coils I was thinking about getting someday, especially for beach work. I was thinking of that or maybe the WOT 15 inch coil, because our beaches don't have a lot of trash, usually, so it wouldn't be too bad, even if you dug everything. I swear I found a penny one time at about a foot deep with my standard 10.5 " coil, but it was in damp sand by the waters edge, but I know once I burried some new coins in dry sand and, probably because they didn't have any halo and maybe because of the dry sand, I could only go down 6 to 8 inches on that one, but I can only imagine the 14" "doing a little more damage" on the depth thing. Do you think you lose much sensitivity on, say coin size objects? I know it all depends on a lot of things, I just like to ask the man that owns one. Take care, Marc.

I LOVE my 16.5"..Punches down so deep, sometimes I wish I had a #2 shovel with me..Once dug a soda can @ nearly 3'.... Quarters @ 24" are no problem..Start lifting weights now, cause it is heavier than stock...........

Boy, that's good news. A quarter at 2 feet, certainly get's my blood pumping. I'm constantly amazed at this detector. How much more could we really want in the real world. Marc.

Thats what I wanted to hear Larry! good and deep!

I tore the Quattro down to check the headphone jack. It must be a wiring problem as on of the two wires at the front the orange I believe had not power at the jack. So I opted out the easy way and got a jack that had only one black line on it and all is well. Easy enough fix, I didnt feel like finding at what point the wire went bad and tap into it or replace it. If I ever put it on a new shaft then I will fix the wire issue.