Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

17 Silvers, 91 Wheats! Still Kicking Arse! :yo:

captn_se

Attn: Guys. I made these finds in a week in mid December and posted on my local forum at that time. I'm still a little behind (about 2 posts) on this forum....so everything you see/read in this post is exactly how I created it for my local forum (well, except for the removal of the "smileys" :lol: ) in mid December! That's about as exact as I will get!! Thank You!!

Hello My Friends!!

Turf hunting has been excellent this past week. My buddies and I have nearly cleaned out a large portion of a park that has produced over 100 silvers, and over 500 wheats between us. Parks like this are so few and far between anymore. I was getting spoiled. I tried going back to a few of my pounded parks yesterday, but only managed to find one silver at each of those parks. If I'm not able to find another producing park, I will have to slowly ween myself out of withdrawals. That is the life of an addicted deep coin turf hunter!! Either way, I'll still be plugging away no matter what the outcome may be!!

Thanks for looking, everyone!!
Keep The Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN fi "SE"
Dan

Looking good. Very nice haul. Impressed with the quantity of wheaties. Haven't found that many in a short span for a long time.

Rich (Utah)

Another nice bunch of finds. I know the feeling about pounded parks. It take some real work with all the hunters now hitting these Indy parks. Just to find a park you wont get robbed at is its own challenge. But you still get the same feeling when you come away with just a couple of oldies as you did with a pocket full. Braggin time....even if its to your wife who doesnt understand the hobby lol. I dont know how many of you have grand kids, but mine love to dig thru my finds when i get home. You should see the expression on their faces if they find a silver coin. Its just like mine... maybe ill have some future digger to compete with.

Dew

I haven't found a park like that yet but I'm always looking. Excellent bunch of finds :yo: Congrats.

For the past 4 years now, I've had a running average of close to 5 wheats per silver coin. Some of my buddies have slightly lower wheat/silver ratios than that, but mine has pretty much stayed around the 5/1 ratio.

Good luck!
CAPTN SE
Dan

My girlfriend could care less about my detecting either. She just can't figure out the fun in getting all muddy, having calloused hands, and digging in the dirt for shiny coins! :laugh: But one thing she does understand is my love/addiction to the hobby.

Speaking of children, I'm having my doubts about whether there will be much older coinage for the future kids to find in twenty years from now......it's going to be real interesting to see if detector technology will change enough to allow them to continue to find the old coinage. The Explorers have really done some major old-coin depletion damage over the past 10 years in our parks. Maybe there will be so few silver coins left to find, that a great day will be measured by how much clad we have found in our pouches instead. :look:

Good Luck!
CAPTN SE
Dan

One of the great aspects of this hobby is you can do as much research as you want in the confines of your home, picking places to hunt, and then going out there and prove/dis-prove your research. I'm not sure what city you live in or how many parks are within a 50 mile radius of you. Here in Southern Cal, I have quite a few 40's-50's parks, and most of them have produced silver coins/wheats for me in varying quantities. Most of these parks have produced under 100 silvers for me in the past 4 years, while one, which is one of the oldest here, has produced close to 300 for me. Keep looking!!

Good Luck!
CAPTN SE
Dan

Congratulations Dan! Thanks for the pictures too! Here's hoping you find another hot spot!

NebTrac

Nice bunch of finds Dan.......Always look forward to your posts and
pictures....even if they are a little behind time getting posted! Quit
hunting so much and start catching up on your duties!! NOT!!!!
Keep swinging and posting. :super:
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Hey wait a minute those coins look like the ones i sold on ebay to some dude in california?NOT!hEY DO YOU CLEAN YOU WHEATIES IN A TUMBLER?iF NOT YOU SHOULD PUT THEM IN WITH DREYER LINT AND WATER AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW THEY LOOK AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS.tHERE IS A POST ON HERE FOR CLEANING WHEATIES AND BOY DOES IT WORK.bY THE WAY NICE JOB. P.S. sorry about the capital letters but i wasnt backspacing and retyping