Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1700's finds with ATPro

zaxfire69

I went out hunting the other day at a local spot near an 1809 Antebellum home. I hunted in the woods all day since the temps were down and the woods were free of undergrowth. My first signal was a high tone screamer about 6 inches down. Dug the hole and out popped this....A 1700's Silver Cufflink with an engraved I.
8ce14a79.jpg

f3f2d15c.jpg

d9266427.jpg

Hunted some more and found a few round balls and some bits of brass. Then outta the blue I get another great screamer signal. Dug down and out pops this strange thing.
1adc3e1c.jpg

558f4b54.jpg

71d1b34e.jpg

7e73286f.jpg

I knew it was a butt stock to a gun, but had no idea how old it was. Well come to find out it is a butt stock plate off of a British Brown Bess Rifle. The kind used by the British in the Revolutionary war etc....I also noticed that the screws are still in the stock which leads me to believe that out in those woods somewhere is the rest of that gun. The wooden stock probably rotted away and Maybe just Maybe the barrel, flint plate and trigger guard are close by. I will be back out to find those pieces soon. Thanks for looking everyone.

Very cool finds! Here's hoping you find the rest of the rifle and the mate to the cuff link! :beers:

Great finds Zax, look forward to seeing what else you pull out of there. And good luck on finding the rest of that gun.

Thanks guys. I'm real excited about hopefully finding the rest of the Bess. I Think I have the Third variant of the Brown Bess. Might also be the India pattern. It is an old find for sure. Thanks for the great comments.