Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1700's log home again

texjim

I out on the 4x6 sniper coil today. I have comb this place with the d2,6x10 and now the 4x6 and still managed to squeak out some finds. I can't go to many days in a row because all the little bits of iron and big iron will drive a person batty. I did manage a 1860 I.H , 1928 Wheat, a small one piece button, a trappers tag, it has the name on it so i didn't show that side. The family owns a business here in town I'll go return it to them. And a big iron spike. You don't realize how sensitive the Vx3 is until dissecting your plug looking for a small button that you can't find right off the bat but your probe is screaming at you. Thanks for looking

Howdy Jimmy--

Excellent finds! Your strategy of using the D-2 then the 6x10 followed by the 4x6 is a strong one! The 4x6 will get the goodies in close proximity to trash. Congratulations on the 1860 copper nickel Indian head cent and the flower button!

You are hunting a great site; maybe you will get a gold coin next time?! Best of luck and

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I so want to get another whites i have had several but now i must settle down and get a V3 or V3i great finds texjim :thumbup:

That's great Jim, I would love to hear of any tips you have since I am planing to do a similar search of where I believe an old cabin was. How did you date the age of the cabin, if I may ask? Were you able to locate the fireplace, door step and front fence/gate area? I've read in the past somewhere that that is where you may find a cache. Barns too. I need to get the V3i out and get it ready as the months are passing fast. I don't even remember the coil sizes I have, but do know I need to validate one for a known problem.

The trash located around your cabin, is that from the era of the cabin or more recently deposited in today's world? What kind of trash can I expect to find if I do relocate the cabin? Last time I i was out there in a nearby area, I searched an old decomposed shed and was finding a lot of iron from the tools kept there, only real find produced was the landowners farther's tractor suicide knob from the steering wheel. Steel band was still shiny, guess it wells made for its time. Hope to find better this time. Any coin would be nice. I did find a spent .50 cal musket ball (crusty white) in the clay embankment, but that was found by sight as I was walking along the dirt road. Too bad arrowheads are of stone, the area is rich with them and I will be near an old known Indian campsite near a river bend. I did learn that ground hogs can produce a lot of arrowheads in the area if you just look at the dirt piles they push from their holes.

Hope to hear more tales of your finds!

Ev

The log home is in the middle of town and my neighbors daughter and her family live there. My only advice is to go slow and dig every signal. Good luck