Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1700th US Coin Found Using My Bounty Hunter Detectors

BH505Man

On the 16th of September I reached a new milestone with exactly 1700 US coins found using my Pioneer 505 & Legacy 3500 metal detectors.
The coins break down as follows;

JFK clad half dollars - 3 = .2%
clad quarters 160 = 9.4%
clad dimes 300 = 17.6%
nickels 68 = 4%
cents 1170 = 68.8%

Most of these coins were found using all metal mode with no discrimination. I also dig all the coins including the zinc cents because I don't want to miss valuable finds which also ring in the zinc range.

HH all.

Walt

BH505Man said:
On the 16th of September I reached a new milestone with exactly 1700 US coins found using my Pioneer 505 & Legacy 3500 metal detectors.
The coins break down as follows;

JFK clad half dollars - 3 = .2%
clad quarters 160 = 9.4%
clad dimes 300 = 17.6%
nickels 68 = 4%
cents 1170 = 68.8%
Your decimal for the Half Dollar percentage is a little off. Of 1700 coins the 3 halves would be 0.[size=small]00176[/size] so you could round that to 0.[size=small]0018[/size]%.

I cringed when I read your 1¢ percentages because for the past 15-20 years my cent-counts have been about 50% to 56.[size=small]5[/size]%. This past couple of months has been close to annoying for me as I've encountered more pennies and fewer dimes than I usually do. I'm in a dinky town of about 600 people and few places to hunt so I have to get in what time I can on trips to Pendleton or Portland or ??

Still a few days left this month to hunt up change other than pennies and lower that percentage, but my August/September count for Lincolns is very close to yours.

1 dollar = 0.[size=small]0016[/size]%
0 halves = 0%
84 quarters = 12.[size=small]5[/size]%
118 dimes = 17.[size=small]6[/size]%
54 nickels = 8.[size=small]04[/size]%
414 pennies = 61.[size=small]7[/size]%

Only 671 coins, face value of $40.64 makes a PCV (Per Coin Value) 6.[size=small]06[/size]¢ Unless I punched some wrong numbers myself, your face value was $86.60 so the PCV was 5.[size=small]094[/size]¢ all thanks to having high penny counts/percentages.

BH505Man said:
Most of these coins were found using all metal mode with no discrimination. I also dig all the coins including the zinc cents because I don't want to miss valuable finds which also ring in the zinc range.
I also recover all coins, including pennies, but I am more selective as to when I use the All Metal mode instead of a Discriminate mode. Most typical Coin Hunting sites tend to be trashy and using Discrimination sure helps to deal with the lower-conductive targets like nails, other ferrous trash, or sometimes small foil. I rely on visual VDI read-outs to alert me to likely foil encounters, but I hunt with iron nail rejection.

So you leave me curious why you do most hunting in the All Metal mode? What types of sites do you hunt the most?

Monte

Monte,
I hunt mostly parks, old homesites, playgrounds, RV parks, and picnic areas. I have tried a few roadside rest areas but have found mostly junk items in those places. I avoid using discrimination because I don't want to totally miss good targets that are masked by junk that is discriminated out.
HH.

Walt