Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1723 Hibernia

A

Anonymous

Mailman and I hit an old 1740 farmhouse sunday to scan an old cornfield out back, about an hour and a half into it I got a halfway decent signal from my MXT with the stock coil, I dug down to about 8 or 9 inches and needed my probe to finish the job. There lay my oldest coin to date, we thought it was a Connecticut cooper until I took it home and cleaned it a bit, it's in pretty rough shape for being in the ground for that long. It turns out to be a 1723 hibernia, funny thing is that Mailman found one in good shape a few towns over a while back. What a rush it was pulling that out of the ground.

Dave,
Just found my first, or at least one that I can identify, yesterday. First thing I dug about 2 minutes into an hour hunt. The rest was clad and junk. I found it at a park I have been hunting for the last 2 years. I've pounded this site and still when I go back to it, it keeps producing. Nice Find!!
HH Big Al (NJ)

I got a 1769 Hibernia last year in an old tavern site. I couldn't believe the condition of it, I just got lucky as it was on the high ground. I can relate to the rush you get finding a 1700's coin. Ron

FYI, I know of two of these being found by guys in mass in the past couple months. They were both in pretty good shape if I recall correctly.