Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1789-1793 HMCo Halfpenny, Algonquin Regiment Pin

Dirtyhands001

[video]http://youtu.be/eAAcWccq5dc[/video]

We had a great first hunt of the season. 3 LC's 1900, 1913, 1917 and also pulled out an 1880 Newfoundland LC. Can't forget our first Irish halfpenny 1789-1793! :) wild!

The highlight was the incredible Algonquin Regiment collar Pin. Dates 1865-1896

We also found two bird bands a few feet apart. They came from the same goose. A cheque for 100$ US is on it's way. First time we find one with a reward :)

Here is our first hunt of the season! Enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/eAAcWccq5dc

Laurie and Eric

You inspire me.Thanks GREAT VIDEO !!

Fun is what it's about! Good times with good people out in nature..finding and learning about history! No better way to spend our free time!

Splendid a usual, Miss Laurie! Now that you and Eric have a $100 U.S. reward, you have to come visit us so you can spend it! :clapping:

-pete

Dirtyhands001 said:
Ha ha Pete first will be our passports :) Then you would have to take us for a hunt :) then we spend the 100 ;) lol..

I remember the good ole days (pre-9/11) when Americans and Canadians could visit each other without a passport. My family went on several vacations to the Maritimes when I was a teenager - we had cousins in New Brunswick. Also saw PEI, NS and part of the Gaspey (sp?). Got deep roots in Nova Scotia - especially the western tip near Pubnico/E.Argyle or thereabouts. Gotta get back someday.

Ain't easy traveling with a family but if you do get down my neck of the woods, throw me a heads-up. I know some areas that haven't changed much in two or three hundred years - bound to be some good hunts there somewhere.

-pete