Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1793 Chain Cent !!!

GeoPa

This was dug by my friend Ralph on Saturday, eight inches down. It was a half hour dig through roots. He was using a DFX.

I scanned it because my camera battery is shot, this doesn't show the detail very well. The Obverse is spectacular for a dug coin but the Reverse didn't fare as well.

I posted it for him because it's a great find and although he reads the forums, he won't try to post because the computer doesn't always cooperate with him.

WAY TO GO RALPH !!!!!

n/t

As far as the homes near the riverfront, I haven't hunted any of the larger victorian or renaissance homes on 1st street, the closest I've hunted to them was a site on blackford ave between second and third street dating back to 1870s, before it was a homesite, there was blackford military camp during civil war, coincidently, I did find an eagle cuff button at the site and cleaned it up and gave it to the owner of the property for allowing me to hunt two or three lots he was renovating. Most of the homes on 1st , 2nd & 3rd date to the 1870s, but the oldest building in that area dates to 1836.......fred