Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1810 Large Cent

DanburyTreasure

I finally got a chance to get back to the house where I found a 1798 large cent (Posted on this forum on May 10th). I was looking around the same area, and getting a LOT of iron hits but not much else. My family was in the car telling me that we were late and to stop what I was doing when I got a strong signal on my AT-Pro. A few seconds later, I had an 1810 large cent in my hand. The head side of the coin was in poor shape, but I could easily read the word "Liberty", and the tail side was in decent shape.

Nice find. The classic head large cents don't come up as often as the draped busts. Must have been found nearby as I'm in Brewster.

I live in Danbury, CT, right on the border of Brewster. The house where I found the coin is actually in Lagrange, NY near Poughkeepsie.

Nice Find and over a Hundred years old. :thumbup: Gota love it!