Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1812 Artillery Button

Cant say enough about my Silver Sabre Plus. i have been hunting a demolition site of pure cinders, broken bottles, trash, iron, nasty stuff. i have found a few locks, Indian head, now two WW1 great coat buttons, a CW reunion fob and so forth. then this baby pops up. 1812 artillery button. plain back but has the loop still. its bigger than a dime but smaller than a nickle. coin button solid, brass. its worn but i'll gladly take it! if you cant make out my bad picture, it has a drop wing eagle perched on a cannon, a pyramid of cannon balls, and the words corps underneath. Andrew Jackson did camp in Macon, Ga and we had a period fort. cloud nine for me!!!

Cary.....

You are flat out killing the relics at your new hot spot, that place probably has some more hidden treasures. The SS+ is just the weapon for that type of site with disc. set low.

It might be worth the effort to do a little sifting in the nastier places as some goodies could be hiding in that trashy site, that place sure has potential.

its about to go under gravel and a work crew is back. oh well, some beats nothing. its still a mud bog of the nasty nasty but i jump in anyway. no way to sift would need a high banker and water source lol!

hatpin i actually turn my WW1 entrencher like a hoe and pull the dirt out and scatter it then detect it. its too muddy to sift but with the constant crackle of iron junk in this old blacksmith shop i believe, it helps to isolate the sharp sounds of a good target. i use the 8 inch open hole original but a friend uses the 5.75 on a Cibola and does great. the Compadres are killer too. depth is not so much the issue as seperationin this junk. a deep target is usually a big pipe. i drag heavy iron and pipes out of the way and detect around where they were. after a rain the washout is great to eyeball for marbles and shell buttons too. good luck..