Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1841-O Seated Dime find..

zaxfire69

ATPro is on FIRE!! 1841-O Open Bud, Small O variety. Awesome little seated dime found with the Garrett ATPRO.
a129fba5.jpg

7a72dfb6.jpg

Awesome find!!!!

Thank you all for the comments. I was very surprised when I realized this coin was 170 years old. What is even more interesting is HOW I found it. This coin was literally my first signal, my first dug hole of the day. I literally stepped out of my car. Turned my detector on and gave the coil 2 swipes and bang..A sweet high tone on the ATPRO. I thought it might be iron until I saw the silver in the hole. I could have turned around and went home right then. My day was complete.

I've had four or five first dig of the hunt silvers, but never anything like that.

Beautiful find, congrats!

Nice find zaxfire. I found a 1841 half dime at a sale and it had a hole drilled in it for purposes. I gave them 2 dollars for it . does'nt look as good as yours , so congrats on your find :thumbup: If your dime didn't have those scratches in the face you would have a very nice condition coin for sure:thumbup:

I wish the scratch wasn't on the coin as well. Might have been hit by the plow over the years. I was just surprised it was my first target. I'm telling you guys when you have a good rain the signals really come alive. I'm ready to go out again.