Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1853 P Enfield

tsgman

I got around to cleaning this old relic, the weather was nasty and cold so it was a good indoor project. It was pretty nasty after 150 years or so! For anyone who is not familar with these weapons they were made available by a antique weapons dealer. They were discovered in a castle in Nepal. They had been stored for 140 or 150 years. I will include the video link showing how they were discovered. The dealer bought all the weapons, included were 3 Nepolianic cannons, Brown Bess's, Martini's, and Henry rifle's as well as many other weapons.I got my order in and it was here after I returned from The DIV 9. in Virginia. I was very pleased how it turned out. I will show before and after photo's. You have to check out the video, it is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQASZZ1tr9E

You did a very nice job of restoring it. I got mine about 4 weeks ago. Like yours mine was filthy when it arrived but after breaking it down and using 0000 steel wool and denatured alcohol on the rust and gun oil on the rest I am pleased with how it came out. I have seen a post where someone actually fired 20 rounds through their's after cleaning. I don't think I want to do that. I am happy with a "wall hanger" and I would advise anyone who thinks they may want one of these historic muskets to hurry and get one before they are gone. After all, it is the same weapon used by our glorious Southern soldiers.
Mike

Very nice rifle Mike, nice work! I think she would shoot ok, but I think I will leave her in retirement, she has done her duty! Tim

I cleaned up one of the P-1853's last year. It was a lot of fun getting it back into working condition. You both did a nice job on your muskets.

Nice restoratiion on that piece of history; kudos for rescueing it and giving it a good home. Yeah, it might be shootable but I'd retire it to a place of honor in your home for others to see and drool over your good fortune and hard effort in making it displayable. Congrats man.