Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1860's school

Bill W.

I had a chance to get out yesterday. Last weekend was the first I had been out in at least a month. I was getting burned out on detecting. I think the time off has done me alot of good in re-focusing my mind on listening more intently to the Explorer... :lol: I was originally intent on going to the park where I found the 1907D Barber quarter last weekend. I went by and there were way too many kids there for my liking. So, down the road went to a old school site that dates back to 1860 and is now private property. As I recall the school was rebuilt in 1910 or so. So, some of the dirt was more than likely moved around then. Amazingly, the first coin up was a 1855 large cent... :D I was pretty happy as I've always thought there was a chance of large cent being there. The owner stopped by and talked a minute. I am glad he did... he told me exactly where the propertly line was. I was hunting well short of the property line erroring on the side of not detecting on someone else's property. To make a long story short... ;) I ended with the LC, 2 mercs, 1 rosie, 1 IH and a pile of wheaties.... and a clad Kennedy half that had been hit by a lawnmower. You can see in the my picture that the large cent was touching a piece of iron. The coin beside the large cent is indeed a wheatie. I threw it in the picture to show how much rust was caked on it. I initially thought it was a round piece of iron until I flipped it over in my hand and seen it was a wheatie. I've just begun my 6th year using the Explorer. Seeing the Explorer pull coins like that out is truely amazing even after the thousands of hours I have on it. Setting were pretty sedate... 18 semi auto, gain at 6 and IM-13.... and slow as a turtle. Thanks for looking!

[attachment 31433 P7290010a.jpg]

and last week's 1907D Barber quarter since the post was deleted.

[attachment 31434 P7230008coin.jpg]

-Bill

I recall the old Quarter but the latest finds tells me there has to be more older stuff there. Nice grouping Bill

It sure is a blast to find such old coins next to iron. Keep up the good work and hope you continue finding your share of the buried loot. Good Luck and HH.