Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1863 Indian

B Spa

Hi,
Well at least it was less than 24 hours ago, I recovered a 1863 Indian, a 1929 Wheat and a 190? Wheat. The 1863 Indian was less than a foot from the spot where I found the 1864 Longacre Indian I recovered last year; I could still see the indent of the ring of the hole in the soil. The 1863 Indian was masked by several large nails and a .22 short shell or was it a change in moisture or a different approach angle? It goes to show no spot is ever hunted out.
Good luck to everyone, Mike

Nice finds

Good going there B Spa! I think that there is something about getting a new detector or a new coil - maybe we slow down a little , maybe we concentrate a little more or maybe we check out those "iffy" signals because we want to see how our new equipment functions or if there is a change in hunting conditions. I don't know but that copper-nickle indian head cent is a dandy! They come in in the pull-tab range so a lot of people don't dig them - I'm glad that YOU did! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Blind Squirrel. I usually go just by sound and don't look at the numbers. Nautilus is stereo sound and gives a lot of information by the timing and shape of the sounds, Deus gives me the information by tones and the shape of the sound. I will dig a lot more and not cherry pick but it really pays off.
Mike aka B Spa

Howdy B Spa--

I'm with you; I rely primarily on the audio on my V3i but I do peek at the VDI before I dig hahahah. A buddy of mine in Louisiana hunts with a Nautilus and he has cleaned up by digging Confederate plates etc. I've never used one but I am intrigued. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel