Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

18k pendant lost/ found/ returned.:thumbup:.705/5x10 HF DD Elliptical

bob.oz

I got a call from Anthony Monday morning about a sentimental pendant that he lost at the beach.Talking with him, he tells me he discovered it was missing when he found the chain broken, but still hanging around his neck. He knew where he was sitting and the short path he took before he noticed it missing. So, it should be easy to find,.....BUT, he lost it Friday and this beach gets hit a lot, especially on weekends. So I really did not give him a lot of hope. It was less than a mile from my house, so I told him I'd take a look after lunch. He gave me great directions and beginning at the bottom of the stairs I started swinging the 705/HF DD Elliptical coil (AM, sens 21, dry sand) to where he said he was sitting, maybe fifty yards away. Couple of weak foil tones ( TID 2,4 ) I ignored, but at the area he was sitting I got a good strong tone with a TID shifting 8,10... which had me saying, "That sounds good!", As I narrowed down my swing over the target It settled to a solid TID 8, so I brought the target to the tip of the Elliptical coil and with a light kick at the sand with my foot I see the nickel size, 18k, 3.0g pendant that Anthony's mother gave him 45 years ago.
* The return was made today, one week after he lost it. An offer of cash was made, but I told him to return the favor to someone else.
GL ALL

Outstanding Bob! :thumbup: Congratulations on the successful recovery!
And good on you for your kind gesture...paying it forward. :clapping:

That is great Bob. People like you are what make our hobby even better. Thanks for helping out.

I've lost count of all the searches I've done for people. You find some, others stay lost or are just not meant to be found. I really do enjoy getting a call to find a lost item, especially when you know it's there, you just have to have the skill, equipment, patience and luck to find it. More often than not, I've had successful recovery's.
Good feelings, new acquaintances, smiles, high fives and happy tears are great rewards that last forever.

Wonderful deed!!! Good Karma comes back around!!! Have a wonderful rest of the extended weekend!!! ^_^[size=medium][/size]