Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1900's Whazit?

JoanInCreek

I found this today where an old hotel used to be on the Treasure Coast of Florida. The hotel was built in 1906 and from research ,was still going in 1911 but then info on the hotel dries up.
I thought it might be some sort of lighting fixture that would sit on a fence but I cannot find anything like it on line. Of course, I assume it is a lighting fixture it could be something else entirely and that's why I cannot locate any info! Any help is appreciated.

Strange indeed. Does that lower pincher like portion flex down to become horizontal or flat if you will? That is white porcelain at the top? Could it be upside down? CO

Here's my guess...

It looks like a pole for an umbrella or whatever would go through the top collar. When pushed into the sand the spikes would be extended for better grip on windy days...

Taz got it.

One thing, it looks recent. If you found something that lightly built and it had been on a beach for 20-50 years it would be a lump of rust in the sand, especially near salt water.

HH

Taz i think you may be right. Here are a couple of more pics, more views. The top is not porcelain. If its an old mop wringer, gosh, how disappointing! It was in a vacant lot near the river and on other side of river is the ocean sitting in sand.