Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1906 Dime w/face bustin' out

dmckee17

Back to the old park today for a cool, overcast 2 hour hunt. I like those days because the park is empty and I can go after those "iffy" signals. Well, after digging a little clad and some pulltabs I finally got the deeper hit I wanted, only to look around to see a couple people walking, followed by a dog walker behind them coming around the path. I marked the target with a stick and continued on until they were gone. I went back to it, dug out total about 7" - 8" deep to find the coin/pendant seen - 1906 O Barber Dime with Liberty busting out from the coin. I think its gold plated around the face and on back, words on back say Pat. Nov. 22 1904. Somebody lost this beauty a long time ago, I'm sorry bout' that but I'll take her now.

thats is one very cool find con grates glad your still hunting noerthern vt. pretty much done for the year low temps snow and frozen groud tend to do me in

Yeah! Thats a "repousse" coin alright! They are beautiful and you found a good one! :clapping: It would be cool to get some dies that would do that.
Mud

n/t

Awesome find !! That sure beats a regular Barber dime (which is a great find in itself).
Last spring I found a wheat cent with Lincolns face comming out of it the same way. Not as good as a Barber though.
Bruce

One of us found a bracelet made like that out of barbers last year...I cant remember who though, theres some cool stuff on the internet about repousse coins...that sure is a trophy!
Mud

Elton, Originally it was a 1906 "O" Barber dime, uncirculated by the condition of the rim, reeded edge and how sharp the letters are. Someone made it into the decorative jewelry by punching? the coin between two corresponding die. Its complete with perfect gold plating, but the pin and latch assembly are frozen and I'm afraid to move it for risk of breaking it off. Here's a few daylight pictures.

n/t

I thought that it was Jesus originally, but it is exactly the same die stamp of Lady Liberty as this one. Pretty cool!