Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1908 election badge - nice start for 2014

CZconnoisseur

Spent 6 hours outside today in the sun - it was in the 50s today which is sought-after this time of year around here! Found one 1945 Wheat along with some clad - but the majority of the finds were deep trash unfortunately. Cast aluminum pieces and assorted unknown bronze trash litters the site of the old fairgrounds where I have started hunting recently. I remember digging a zinc cent at 7", but that's how this site is!!! Multiple passes with a bulldozer tends to mix things up a bit...:angry:

I was running Deus Fast which is the only way to sift through the garbage with some sort of success - the amount of iron, lead, aluminum, etc is just ridiculous, and the ground is rocky as well to add to the difficulty. Near the end of the hunt I got a strong signal around 82-85 which wasn't too deep. Found it right away and thought it was a dog tag, so I just tossed it into the clad pocket. Got home and the excitement grew once I saw "1908" printed on it. A little research later indicates this is a presidential badge, but I don't see it anywhere online - I can't compare it to anything pictured. It may be a locally-made badge just for the 1908 debates or possibly a rally - which would have been held at this site back then.

If anyone has found an identical badge please let me know - I've found similar badges but nothing identical.

No silver today but I'll take this instead!!! Maybe next hunt I can find a less trashier site...

Nice find!! For me that would be a much better find than a simple Merc or Rosie. I love to find those things that are a first.

Nice save from the trash and clutter. Neat when you can put a name and a date on a piece. Thanks, for sharing.

Don
HH