Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1911 Wheat - Mint Mark help?

tiftaaft

I pulled this 1911 wheat last week from a local school... my oldest coin this year so I'm pretty happy about that. I would like to try and get a mint mark off it, but having trouble even seeing the date in its current condition... any suggestions on cleaning or should I leave it as it is? HH Tim.

Hard to tell but I would have to say my best guess would be Denver.
It looks like there us something close in shape to that letter in the same spot as the D on this coin.

Thanks Revier... I was thinking "D" too... just not sure if I should try to clean it up to see better or not. I like the look of yours a lot better! lol.

Could try soaking in olive oil for a few weeks and then scrape off what you can with a tooth pick. ... olive oil will loosen crusty dirt but wont do anything if coin is pitted...

I put your photo in a photo editing program and increased the size trying not to distort, then inverted the color. Looks like a "D" to me.

looks like a D mint mark

I USE A PENCIL ERASER ON COINS SOMETIMES THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD..

I use a sharp #2 pencil instead of a toothpick, the graphite is smoother and doesn't scratch as easily.

https://www.nettoyervostrouvailles.com/en/store/shop/set-complete-restoration.html

Check out these Andre's pencils.

copper kidd said:
https://www.nettoyervostrouvailles.com/en/store/shop/set-complete-restoration.html

Check out these Andre's pencils.

That's great Copper Kidd! I have to get me some of these! No more sharpening pencils 100 times per coin!!!

Yes Tim, I got a set from eBay for $19.00 but haven't had a chance to use them yet