Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1914 D

bday

Finally received permission to again hunt an old home in town. This house had been built in 1870 and since 1910 has been used continuously as an optometrist's office. I had hunted this yard in the 80's and we ended up calling it the Barber House. As time passed and new owners took over the business, no hunting was allowed. Several years ago it again changed hands and this week I asked and received permission to hunt again. Visions of silver jumping out at me soon faded when I actually started hunting. Fill dirt and square nails are everywhere. I'm sure its there, but I haven't ran across it yet. I only have found 3 wheaties, a 1912, 1945 and the elusive 1914 D. The pictures don't do it justice. It looks better than it scanned.
Thanks,
Bob

Hey DirtFlipper,
I believe that I will send it in. It has lots of detail in it. Everything is legible, and all of the lines on the wheat tops are there. I'm not even going to attempt to clean this one any further.
Bob

Better Pictures. I took these with my camera. The others were scanned.
Bob

n/t

Congrats on a dificult find. I have a good friend whos dad gave him his coins when he died. He went for 5 years before he looked through the wheaties and found 2 1914 Ds. Some guy s are just lucky that way. I hope you get a chance to go back a few more times and see what else you might pull out.

Congrats Bob.

That coin has eluded me for 35 years.

I'm happy for you friend:thumbup:

You and I might need to hammer that beat up park of yours one more time before long:super:

Thanks Guys,
In fact I didn't realize it was a 1914 D until I Got home. I thought it was a 1916. Guess I need to start taking my cheaters along with me.
Bryce, Just let me know if you want to come down someday. I've only pulled one silver out of that park this year, but I know more are waiting.
Bob

n/t

What a good one. wtg bud.

Very nice find.I think my heart would of been beating a little on the fast side.Next you might find a 1909 s vdb.