Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1916 Mercury dime!!!!

wyohunter99

I don’t think I have ever “clicked” with a detector like I have so far with the At Max! She is treating me very well! I was hunting today with the 8.5x11 coil, custom mode, iron disc at 15, 1 bar off of max sensitivity and threshold at -3. Got a faint repeatable 81-82-83, popped the plug and this fell out head side up! I thought to myself there’s no way it’s going to have a mint mark! I about died when I saw a mint! I’m pretty sure it’s a S though. I’m happy to have found it though. Also found a few wheats. One was close to 9 inches! It was a good day to be out with temps near 70!

That's a cool find no doubt! I dug 4 mercs within minutes...one was a 1916....no D mint mark thought. I feel your pain...lol.

Thanks guys. It’s my oldest silver I have found here in Wyoming. I’ve pulled numerous Barbers in Missouri. I would love to find a Barber here! My research has been paying off.

Very nice and oh so close to a much sought after mint mark. You mention you received a faint repeatable signal ? That dime must have been at a decent depth. Glad you are enjoying your new relationship with the Max.

Must have been. At 6" that should of been more than just a faint signal. Anyway, congrats again on the great early merc!