Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1916D finally graded

Ray(MaconGA)

Hello all, I know its been along time since Ive posted anything, but I have a new job in the Air Force and I am gone about 50% of the time, and am real limited on time. I got my 16D dime back from grading and it is authentic, it graded out at EF-40 with corrosion, still worth about $3500-$4000. I was worried that it would not be real. I took it in to a coin dealer and they could not say for sure, so I sent it to ANACS. W&E treasure magazine said that they wanted to put it into their best finds edition, which I thought was very cool, a friend of mine wrote up a article for me. about a month ago I took it to my detecting meeting, but did not win best find I thought that was kind of funny, I got beat out by a gold ring, and a Half dime( worth about $40). well just wanted to share with everyone, and Happy Hunting.
Ray
Sorry about the photo quality

What the f.,you find a 1916-d dime and get beat by a gold ring.Odds are defiantly in your favor.Some people are just dummies.Congratulations on your dime find.

WOW!!!!!! What a great find Ray. I can't believe that you didn't win find of the month with that merc considering what it is worth. What you found is a once in a lifetime find and the people who didn't vote for your find are idiots!! You certainly have my vote........:) Maybe you should join my club and your merc would have definitely won and it would probably win coin find of the year. HH.

Eddie

What is the matter with the people in your club? A Gold Ring and a $40.00 Half-Dime beat that out!!!!! That is just plain bull!!! I would have argued over that one. Just shows that when a person finds something really nice and worth a lot of money that it don't matter to anyone because they go for the better looking items. Sorry for the loss in the find of the month and I hope the members take more time and actually vote for the best because that should have been a hands down 1st Place for you. Better luck to you next time and Good Luck and HH. Sure is a great coin no matter if it is corroded or not.

Then I take it that most of the new comers that join the club don't stick around very long if that is the way it works. I know I sure wouldn't want to be in that club. Did the person or person's pricing the Dime even look up the value of the Merc? If they did and they still voted for the Ring, They sure don't know anything about coins,relics and what have you. Better luck to you next time and hopefully the members will open up their eyes and see what is actually sitting before them and vote the way a person should vote. Good Luck and HH.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,323188,323605#msg-323605 Remember that little debate about the grading on the dime. Thats a great find. Grats. Jim

A fairly modern rock chipping hammer at our meeting. I had a military relic display of items I found the last month worth in excess of $5000.00. So, now I am the new club president and I am going to change the rules of the best find to include age, value, location/state found ect...and award points on the catagories and the final highest pont value will win. If in the event of a tie, popular vote.

How does that sound?

John

PS your dime should have won hands down..but it is all about looking good! Also, bring your certificate to the meeting along with the magazine!!!!!