Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1917-S walking liberty half dollar .. :detecting:

MNCoinhunter

Went back to a spot I had nearly given up on .. Signal was a solid 00-28 .. but the trash came out of the hole first. Was running Manual sensitivity around 22, not sure if that made a difference in whether or not I found it. 1917-S walking liberty half dollar. One of the more uncommon types with the mint mark on the obverse :v) She's in rough shape but was happy to rescue her .. Other silver finds are from a previous hunt at another spot this year .. Good times !

1917-S walking liberty half dollar

Thanks .. Yeah it looks like it went through a fire of some sorts for sure. Went back today and pulled a '27 wheatie and a '20 merc dime !

Usually in manual turn it up until it gets wacky, then back down a couple of bumps. In the country or in big town parks away from powerlines can often go as high as the upper twenties. In town, especially detecting terraces under power lines mid/upper teens may be the limit. The basic idea on manual vs auto is that even though you have it set for 26 auto it might really be running at 8 or 10.

This was hugely debated in the old days, now with the newer detectors that show the actual auto level the debate has died away. And the machines do show that in certain conditions the sensitivity level can be drastically reduced in auto.

Chris

n/t

WTG! Sweet find! So do you believe running manual sensitivity helped? I've been following many threads and posts regarding manual vs. auto sensitivity and I know you are sort of leading the charge. I am looking forward to your opinion as well as others regarding this issue. Thank you and congratulations on your sweet find. GL and HH. Matt

Matt .. I honestly believe that I need to revisit most of my old spots to see what I might have missed. I never used Manual before simply because I thought it was too noisy. But you get used to the additional chatter, and you can even get that to settle down with a few minor adjustments. I am excited about what I may have missed.

Thanks Eddie ... It sure is a treat to see those big silver honkers in the hole .. :detecting: