Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1924 Token

garthbfan

Well back out to the old school today and was getting skunked. Found only trash for the first 1 and a half hours. The first good signal was a 1964 nickel. Feeling alittle better I decided another 15 minutes. With about 5 minutes left I get a quarter hit on the good ole ACE 250 at 2 inches! Out pops a 1924 token from The Cohen Bros. of Coatesville. Kool I thought then I turned it over and saw the Nazi emblem. Whoa first thing I did was look around to see if anybody was looking. Don't know why I did that. Well that was enough for me I was done for the day! Went straight to my car and home I went. I gave the token a water bath to clean off the loose dirt.

Here is what it says. On the front side it says " Cohen Bros Coatesville, Pa. Good until December 1924" That is around the outside. In the middle it says "This coin is worth $1.00 on any two pants or suit or overcoat". On the other side is the Nazi emblem in the middle with the following words around the out side. "Membership emblem of the don't worry club Good luck" There are also several marks around the emblem They look like the following a butterfly, a horseshoe, a wishbone, not sure of the last group.

I looked up Cohen bros. and they appear to be big in Fla. but no mention of them in Pa. Any info would help. The old school is funny it gives me 1 good find a trip. I have found several wheaties a couple of times but all my "good" finds have come 1 at a time. Weird!!

Thanks for looking and any help ifinding out more about this coin would be Kool. I have permission to hunt this school.

I believe the swastika was used as a good luck symbol priror to WWII, which fits with the date of your token. Cool Find! :thumbup:

What a good hunt Garth! I love your posts. Did your crew accompany you on this hunt?:garrett:

Alright buddy!:super:Awesome token.:clapping:Probably worth some dough to a collector?:shrug:Good for your own collection, though, which I see is growing quite nicely:thumbup: Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks everyone for info. My crew is with their mom this weekend so no I had to go it alone!! Thanks for the comments. I love hunting this school!!

That's a great old token. The swastika means good luck as I'm sure others have said.

I have a few sites that always seem to produce one or two really good targets per hunt. That's why I am a firm believer in many return trips to these sites. I have found silver coins and gold jewelry in places I'm been over a dozen times. That silver 1793 2 Reale I dug was probably my 6th or 7th trip to that field this month.

Chris

Thanks again for all the comments. I agree cwilk I don't know how many more good finds the old school has for me but I will keep going back I think it has quite a few more. I found the token over in a corner that I hadn't hit for a while but I did hit it at one time. The token was only 2-3 inches down. Don't know how I missed it in the past. I would like to find out the value , but it will stay with me no matter what.

Tokens are always good finds especially the old ones.

I think since it is a good luck symbol you might want to carry it with you when you detect!

Don

A nice piece of history you have there. You might do some
research to see if it is a collectable. Could be really worth something....or not:)-)
Katz