Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1930's brass cosmetic case...

REVIER

Evidently there are collectors for vintage cosmetic cases out there, and thanks to that I was able to find a decent amount of information about this little thing.
Not worth anything, really, but another cool little piece for the collection.

Lady Esther Cosmetics was one of the largest most popular line of lotions and face powders in the country for about 10 years back in the 20's and 30's.
Only Pond's was bigger at the time.

This is a tiny compact that is made out of brass, only manufactured in 1937 or 1938, and was a tester that I guess you could buy to try out their product, or maybe it was used in stores.

The company was bought by people in Germany and is still around making a face cream under this revived label, but of course no company makes these neat little metal cases for cosmetics anymore.

Sometimes our finds aren't worth anything at all, but if you are a student of history and find some of theirs that tells an interesting story they can be priceless.

IBdiggin said:
Morning to ya Mr. R. I curious as to where brass comes in as VDI ?

Good morning!
This was a 61-62 and solid on the F70 with the 10" elliptical coil.
Maybe about 5"- 6" deep.
In a public park at a site where there used to be a an old home.
Tons of trash here after they knocked the house down, others have hunted this site before me, but I have found a few wheaties here and I was looking for silver coins that we all missed.
A little too deep for a zinc penny at this site, but that is what I thought I was digging at the time.
I dig all zinc signals I come across because, well, it is money and does add up over time, and I have been surprised a few times with cool finds like these that aren't zincolns in the exact same area a zinc penny comes in.

Cool historical lesson...that split photo of the marketing back then! :rofl: Still works today!
Mud

Congrats on the cool find !
I've found several different types of these brass compacts - they look good when their all cleaned up and put in with your Jewelry display !