Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1943 Class Ring

cuzzi25

Went out at 6 this morning. Conditions were perfect, low tide was at 745, water was like glass and not much wind. Easy to hear the fine wispers in my threshhold. All the good stuff I found was in a 50 foot square & at least 8 inches down. 3 silver rosies, 2 wheaties, & a 1947 nickel that had to be a foot down & looks brand new. easily the softest tone i've heard on this sand shark. Also got this 1943 school ring. After giving it a quick cleaning I can read H. FLETCHER-----VOC. HIGH SCHOOL. inside band its stamped MF.DING. any idea what that means?? The parts that cleaned up good are starting to look like gold but I dunno. Has that green krud on it, so I doubt its gold. Almost has a redish tint. Oh well, still a cool ring. alot of fine detail and very solid & strong

Oh Yeah, forgot to mention that my hunt & day planned at beach was cut short because i dropped my phone in water, ugh. Oh well im due for a new one anyway

nice little time capsule you hit.... amazing how several finds can go back to the same era....like a step back in time...thanx for sharing....

It is more than likely 10k gold. Being in the water for so long, the copper started to leech out of the gold. Get it tested, I don't think they made junk class rings in 1943!

Its 10, 99% sure. The inside stamp was the first initials and last name...most likely. The stamp for karat might be there too...just tiny. Go get it tested. But I found a 63 ring...and it looked like crap...10k.

Nice find...nice step into the past. The owner is probably long gone. HH -Joe

I got it pretty clean and found initials. Also uncovered a 10k stamp right after the Mfding so maybe it means plated. Fletcher Brown voc. High is in Delaware