Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1969 Advert

A

Anonymous

Rummaging around in the loft and came across my first advert in the November 1969 Coins Weekly. Detector ran at 22 pulses per sec with sample delay of 75uS. Good ranges on copper and silver coins but not so good on cupro-nickel. Wonder if any of these units still exist.
Eric.

Great advert Eric! I would have bought one myself at that time I believe. Did you write the text for the ad? There are pulse units today that don't get 14" on a US penny. I enjoy seeing old ads and such like these-keep them coming from time to time.
James

Hi James,
Yes, I did the text and layout. Not bad for a first attempt. Haven't improved since, though. I was wondering about the claim I made that you could operate in all sorts of interference; then I remembered that the detector had a very slow response time (long integrator time constant) that would average out most noise. The slow response was OK because you could not sweep a 9lb detector fast anyway, even though it was balanced about the carrying point. Receiver used a 709 front end, 702's for the differential integrator and dc amplifier. Timing logic was Fairchild RTL and transmitter switch BUY12.
Eric
Eric.