Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st and probably last hunt this year. Not much but..

Jim C (Mich)

....was fun to get out. Just don't have the fire for detecting like I used to. It was fun to get out today. I have always loved detecting in the fall. Its old feeling out there, if that makes sense to anyone other than me.
I went to an old fairground spot that I have been going to for years. At least I got some silver and a 1910 Wheatie.

Jim,

I used to get out much more often also. Fifteen years ago there were much more New-to-explorer sites. One has to work harder to find targets now. But like you say fall is one of the best times to detect; grass has quit growing, usually some fall rains to soften the soil, hopefully can detect to freeze up.

Chris

Jim C, I understand but your old feeling produced some cool targets and to me that proves you still have it.
I too get down sometimes on this crazy hobby. So I go out and change things, dig signals I wouldn't normally dig. I change settings to make me dig different items.
Surprises are out there - even at so called hunted sites.

There will still be some warm days ahead. Most of the leaves are still on the trees.
I love the smell of leaves in the fall while detecting.

Glad you were able to get out for a time and swing the detector and find a couple oldies. Love Mercury dimes.

Everybody goes thru the ebbs and flows of life so don’t get down on it. I love fall as well and you’re right, there is a certain feeling of antiquity associated with fall that rolls into winter. Being in Northern Utah, we have very distinct seasons. Has always felt to me like the seasons of the year parallel the seasons of life. Enjoy the changing of the leaves and the crisp fall air

Rich (Utah)

[size=medium]Congrats on the nice finds! Totally understand what you mean- it's the same here in Mass, when fall starts, the leaves change color and everything feels older- including me!

-- Jeff --[/size]