Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st anniversary

mojotrout

....of my starting this hobby was March 1st. Since 90% of the stuff I found was with The Silver and Outlaw, I figured Id post some photos here. Hope that's ok rather than at the general post. After all, it was the kind and patient people of this forum who helped me stumble over the initial learning curves of metal detecting. I found some very cool things, but posted only the tokens/coins,rings. I still havent gone through all of the cool toys/ammunition/buttons I found. I had a great time and hope to swing a new Tesoro in my second year as well.

each whiskey bottle has 5$ in copper/zinc pennies. 150$ +/- in clad.

[attachment 285681 finds2013.JPG]

...silver and gold rings

[attachment 285687 rings2013.JPG]

silver coins, the oldest an 1899 Barber Quarter. Also on the left my two buffalo nickels, no-date and 193?.

[attachment 285683 silvercoins2013.JPG]

Indian heads, the oldest 1897, and an 1895 Canadian Large Cent

[attachment 285685 pennies2013.JPG]

and some tokens, my favorite being the little "B" token. It is a Boise Bus token specifically produced for and given out to the military based at Gowen Field during WWII.

[attachment 285686 tokens2013.JPG]

thanks for looking. And thanks to those who helped me along in 2013. I hope I can pay it forward.

You have already blown me out of the water and i have been going at this hard 7 years now , nice finds, and no doubt more to come

My God. You are going to town with them detectors. Why do you think you need a new one. You are cleaning house with what you have. It just shows that you dont need them high dollar ones to find the good stuff. Just look at what you have found.
Great job. KEN, IND.

You've done very well. Congrats!
BB

Nice going! :thumbup: I can tell that you've had a great time detecting.:detecting:

tabman

Nice going mojo

My first year was'nt as good as yours, looks like you have some great spots for silver. Congratz!

Okay, I'm impressed! but I also have one request,
How about a picture of that 55 gallon barrel full of junk items you also dug getting all that great stuff? LoL

I know getting the gold means digging a lot of trash, but lurkers sees a post like this and they don't see the work and the real time invested in finding the good stuff, the think, WoW! if I get a metal detector I can out and just pick up Gold and silver coins everywhere.

Mark

I'VE BEEN THINKING OF GETTING A TESORO IN A FEW MONTHS.YOU ARE MAKING MY DECISION MUCH EAISER.THANKS FOR THE POST.:surprised:

Thanks guys. By conservative calculations, I dug around 8000 targets last year, most of it trash or pennies. I put some 200 hours in for what I found. I figure I made about 2.50/ hour, and thats ony if I want to sell everything I found. Thats not exactly making it rich so hopefuly my post wont give anyone starting out in MDing the wrong impression. It IS a rewarding hobby, but its takes a good amount of time and patience too.

The Tesoros have served me well, and I dont NEED another one, but Im having a lot of fun trying different detectors now and Im ready for Tesoros language again. Im slowly gaining an appreciation for how a machine sounds and the Outlaw has been my favorite sounding so far. Hope the Caz sounds like that one (with a few more tones!)

Either you are a quick learner or have some excellent hunting areas .....in any case tip of the hat for a job well done...

At this rate wait till you have 5 years under your belt....for most the first year is well a learning year but you just blew that theory out of the water...