Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st beach hunt with new Legend

Jed in NC

Picked up a new Legend just before Christmas. Just took it out for the first hunt. I am a beach hunter 95% of the time. My main machine has been the Deus II lately. Also use Nox 600 and Excal. First outing consisted of about 6 hours total. My setup on the machine was as follows: ( All settings not listed were left as default. Took settings from a Gigmaster video, he is about 200 miles north of me, my beach conditions are very similar to his. Thanks Steve! )

New Machine running V1.11 w/LG30 coil, Nokta BT headphones
Search Mode: Beach
Sensitivity: 29 - 30
Frequency: Mw
Discrimination Pattern: A
Recovery Speed: 1
Iron Filter: 5
Stability in Beach Mode: 5
Bottle Cap Rejection: 0
Ground Suppressor: 0
Volume: 5
Audio Gain (AG): 6
Number of Tones: Pitch
Did Frequency Shift and Ground Balance

I was really impressed with how well the machine ran. Machine was very stable in wet sand ( too cold to get in water ). I could max out sensitivity in my conditons at times. I was pleased with the depth as well. Depth seemed to hit very close to what I get with my Deus II in my conditions. Machine was well balanced and I had no problems swinging for an extended period of time. I love my Deus II w/11x13" coil, but for the money, the Legend will be hard to beat. This is all based on my beach conditions, and my limited skill level. Your mileage may vary. I look forward to many outings with this machine and can't wait to get it in the water! Jewelry was all junk unfortunately!

Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 5.06.17 PM.png

Last edited:
Picked up a new Legend just before Christmas. Just took it out for the first hunt. I am a beach hunter 95% of the time. My main machine has been the Deus II lately. Also use Nox 600 and Excal. First outing consisted of about 6 hours total. My setup on the machine was as follows: ( All settings not listed were left as default. Took settings from a Gigmaster video, he is about 200 miles north of me, my beach conditions are very similar to his. Thanks Steve! )

New Machine running V1.11 w/LG30 coil, Nokta BT headphones
Search Mode: Beach
Sensitivity: 29 - 30
Frequency: Mw
Discrimination Pattern: A
Recovery Speed: 1
Iron Filter: 5
Stability in Beach Mode: 5
Bottle Cap Rejection: 0
Ground Suppressor: 0
Volume: 5
Audio Gain (AG): 6
Number of Tones: Pitch
Did Frequency Shift and Ground Balance

I was really impressed with how well the machine ran. Machine was very stable in wet sand ( too cold to get in water ). I could max out sensitivity in my conditons at times. I was pleased with the depth as well. Depth seemed to hit very close to what I get with my Deus II in my conditions. Machine was well balanced and I had no problems swinging for an extended period of time. I love my Deus II w/11x13" coil, but for the money, the Legend will be hard to beat. This is all based on my beach conditions, and my limited skill level. Your mileage may vary. I look forward to many outings with this machine and can't wait to get it in the water! Jewelry was all junk unfortunately!

View attachment 51334
I too am fairly new to the Legend, a dirt hunter and will say I enjoy using it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, congrats on the finds and good luck with the new rig. Mark

I have been considering pulling the trigger on the Legend as a backup. I have both the Equinox 600 and 800 which I think are great detectors. My only complaint is the ergonomics and even with the carbon fiber shaft on my 800 I still find it very nose heavy and it has been causing a lot of pain in my wrist and my palm, and fingers. Also can't stand the coil ears being so thin and flimsy. I find on the beach I can only swing for maybe 4 hours until my arm, and wrist are really sore. How are the coil ears compared to the Equinox coils, and is it that much more balanced.
Thanks,
Nate

I have been considering pulling the trigger on the Legend as a backup. I have both the Equinox 600 and 800 which I think are great detectors. My only complaint is the ergonomics and even with the carbon fiber shaft on my 800 I still find it very nose heavy and it has been causing a lot of pain in my wrist and my palm, and fingers. Also can't stand the coil ears being so thin and flimsy. I find on the beach I can only swing for maybe 4 hours until my arm, and wrist are really sore. How are the coil ears compared to the Equinox coils, and is it that much more balanced.
Thanks,
Nate
Coil ears seem more substantial on my Legend than my Nox 600. My Nox does seem a little more nose heavy than the Legend, but I'm still swinging the original shaft on the Nox versus the stock carbon fiber shaft on the Legend. Hope this helps. I have zero reservations about my Legend purchase. First photo in the Legend coil followed by the Nox 600 11".
IMG_2447.JPG
IMG_2450.JPG

Last edited: