Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st cell phone find

Capt Dan

iPhone 11 I think. Not much of a story to tell found it at the beach in about 3 inches of water maybe 6 inches deep. thought it was going to be a vape. Glad I got to cross another first off the list.

Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3033.jpeg
    IMG_3033.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3032.jpeg
    IMG_3032.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 53
I found one on my last hunt a couple of weeks back. So for those interested, the E-Trac ID numbers for a cell phone are 9-46. LOL
Ron in WV

iPhone 11 I think. Not much of a story to tell found it at the beach in about 3 inches of water maybe 6 inches deep. thought it was going to be a vape. Glad I got to cross another first off the list.

Thanks, Dan
LOL did it turn on?
Mark

Great find!!
Lots of them get lost especially around water..
I found one at the beach some years ago and two in a nearby river… one this past summer and another a couple years ago in the same location below a set of rapids and was able to return all three to the owners.
All worked when I found them, but one died shortly after I found it.

I found an iPhone last year and got it returned to me from the finds office after 6 month. Unfortunately it is locked by the person who lost it and there is no way to get help from Apple to get or relay the contact data to return it.

I found an iPhone last year and got it returned to me from the finds office after 6 month. Unfortunately it is locked by the person who lost it and there is no way to get help from Apple to get or relay the contact data to return it.
I took two of the ones I found to the service provider and they were able to find the owner even though they were locked.
They could not help me with the last one because the owner had switched providers when he got a replacement, but he had his name in the emergency feature which I could access and that is how I was able to find him.

I took two of the ones I found to the service provider and they were able to find the owner even though they were locked.
They could not help me with the last one because the owner had switched providers when he got a replacement, but he had his name in the emergency feature which I could access and that is how I was able to find him.
Yea you can do this I’ve seen people do this

I’m looking forward to my first find return, but I think this one is a basket case. I tried blowing the charging port out with my compressor, but the charger still won’t plug all the in. Also, I checked online it says that the iPhone 11 can only stay in the water for 30 minutes or so without damage. I don’t really “need” the $57 but if someone wants to give it to me in trade for a cell phone shaped brick I guess I’ll take it.
Thanks to everyone for responding. I’m really having fun with this hobby.

I do not blame you at all.. if it’s cooked, it’s cooked…. Just trying trying to pass on what has worked for me.
It is nice to be able to return lost items to the owner, but sometimes it is just not possible.

I've got a drowned iPhone found in the water a couple months ago. Verizon is advertising a new, latest iPhone when you trade in "any iPhone in any condition" ... I hate cell phones and don't carry one, but I might just see if they really mean it and will take the drowned one in for the deal.

I found a flip phone in the old arboretum on campus. Even tho it was totally toast there are valuable metals in them that can be salvaged. Sounds like you found a reputable site and I would recycle it for that offer.

Can't even see the provider. The SIM card is pin locked and has no imprints on the outside.

Try looking at it through your computer.
Like when you get pictures of it.