Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Dollar Coin

Rivermarine1

Thursday, I got off a hour early from work and didn't want to go home. About three blocks from work, there is a suspension bridge across the river. I had thought about detecting there before, but never did. I check the areas along the old road to the bridge for about a half hour. NOTHING. Then I checked below the east suspension cables where they attach into a covered support. My detector started signaling every sweep. I was confused, because was signaling quarters and dimes. Then I saw a dime and a quarter just sitting on top of the soil. All total, I picked up about two dollars in quarters and dimes. So I decided to walk over to the west suspension cables to see if my luck held up. Sure enough it started off the same way. By the time I was finished, I had picked up 1 George Washington Dollar coin, 15 clad quarters, 11 dimes, 4 nickels, 13 clad pennies and 1 1950 Wheat. Except for the wheat. All the others were newer than 1990. What surprised me the most was that under both sets of suspension cables, all the coins were in a roughly 3 ft by 4 ft area. We get a lot of transits in that area and I figure some may have been sleeping there over time and the coins may have fallen out of their pockets. The Washington and Wheat are top left. I added a picture George, but it didn't come out too well.

Also, look at the bottom right. That is all that is left of a 198? D clad that was under the west suspensions. Shows what happens to clad after being in the ground a while.

Great finds, and in a place most won't look...Was there water drainage in the area you searched??? Often, coins lost on or near a bridge will all get washed into piles near or under these drains...

HH,

BH-LandStar