Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st gold of the year

galwayboy

After getting coffee this morning, I was working a few tot lots with my Simplex and on the way back to car at one park, found this smallish 3 grm, sz 5.5, tri-toned 14k Italy ring. It was ringing up a strong steady 21-22 and sounded a little scratchy. I was running in park 2, sens down one bar. Nickles can range from 21-26, but usually 22-24, so I thought I had a nickel rather than a pull tab. The first pic is after I broke it off the clod. Now I have an entry in my detecting club's finds of the month gold category this month!

Attachments

• Resized_20210403_082239.jpeg
    Resized_20210403_082239.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Resized_20210403_090325.jpg
    Resized_20210403_090325.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 121
What a beautiful sight!! Congrats !!

Finally a warm day today. Could not go metal detecting as I had to pick up sticks and branches from a walnut and river birch trees. Got about half of them picked up. Hope to finish tomorrow.I wanted to go out and do something I've waited to do all winter. Glad you got out and found something nice.

Carver

Good job! Thats a neat little ring!!!!

Thanks everyone, it felt good to pull it out of the ground. My buddy and I are hunting some old "projects" housing that has recently been vacated. Now that the gangs are gone, we might get lucky.