Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st hunt with the D2

bonepicker

Received my new D2 last night.
Went out this afternoon and tried a couple old trashy spots that I have hammered with the Deus.
Just used General program, and made a few slight adjustments to my liking.
Didn’t get anything phenomenal, but I was happy to be finding targets in areas I had just about given up on.
Overall I like the new machine, but it’s gona take some time getting to used to it.
A buff, a V, 6 wheats, and a neat little sterling ear-ring from some pretty beat up sites.
B8E576BD-083C-40EA-9ED4-A3FB96203254.jpeg
998D6ED5-E70A-4988-AA7A-49987393340B.jpeg

Well BP
Your beat sight looks better than mine.
I did the same as you set it in general and hit part of my yard that I've been over with the DEUS I for the last 10 years.
Pulled good targets for there that I'm amazed that I had missed.
Can't wait until I get this new machine dialed...

These are the types of reports I’m hoping to see. That earring is extremely cool and a really good find in a reportedly tough spot. I know it’s not convenient or even practical sometimes, but it would be interesting to see if another machine might be able to see these targets as well, or see them at all….just for further confirmation of the abilities. It looks promising though, given the basic nature of the settings and very limited time owning it. I do have one coming…

Well BP
Your beat sight looks better than mine.
I did the same as you set it in general and hit part of my yard that I've been over with the DEUS I for the last 10 years.
Pulled good targets for there that I'm amazed that I had missed.
Can't wait until I get this new machine dialed...
To be fair, most of the stuff came from a old school site where I have dug some silver coins, old tokens, nickels, lotsa wheats, and other stuff.
Nowadays I’m lucky to find a penny or two when I go.

Received my new D2 last night.
Went out this afternoon and tried a couple old trashy spots that I have hammered with the Deus.
Just used General program, and made a few slight adjustments to my liking.
Didn’t get anything phenomenal, but I was happy to be finding targets in areas I had just about given up on.
Overall I like the new machine, but it’s gona take some time getting to used to it.
A buff, a V, 6 wheats, and a neat little sterling ear-ring from some pretty beat up sites.
View attachment 23169View attachment 23170
Is it the 11" coil? How did it pinpoint?

These are the types of reports I’m hoping to see. That earring is extremely cool and a really good find in a reportedly tough spot. I know it’s not convenient or even practical sometimes, but it would be interesting to see if another machine might be able to see these targets as well, or see them at all….just for further confirmation of the abilities. It looks promising though, given the basic nature of the settings and very limited time owning it. I do have one coming…
Thanks for the kind words.
As for the school site where most of the finds were made today. My 2 buddies who run Garrett’s and Nokta’s will not go there anymore, because they don’t find anything anymore.

Last edited:
Is it the 11" coil? How did it pinpoint?
11” coil was able to wiggle targets out of the iron using reactivity 2.
Had to go slow and listen closely.
I never use pinpoint mode.
When you use pinpoint mode in heavy trash areas it’ll track you towards other objects.
I’m going to hold out on the small coil for now, hoping they come out with a elliptical.
I think they will eventually make one, but I have heard no mention of it.

awesome, I have mine coming next week.

There were no plans to make smaller coils
( FMF require larger batteries so hard design ) but if user demand is high enough they hopefully will reconsider.
I got the 11” which I wanted anyway but my preference 3/1 is the 9”. I’m hoping it comes sooner than later.

There were no plans to make smaller coils
( FMF require larger batteries so hard design ) but if user demand is high enough they hopefully will reconsider.
I got the 11” which I wanted anyway but my preference 3/1 is the 9”. I’m hoping it comes sooner than later.
How much will an additional coil cost? I remember MSRP on coils used to be $499 several years ago before the price drop.

I’m being optimistic, but I’m hoping they will do a 9.5x5 eventually. If there is a battery size issue, maybe they can fit the battery inside the lower shaft like they did on the HF coils.
I don’t expect it to happen right away, but i can’t really justify spending $3-$500 on a extra coil right now. Just going to wait a little while and see what happens.

They are $399 but you can get them for less if you ask for a discount ( nobody will ever advertise for under msrp. The battery in stem like hf coils won’t be a thing on D2 bc of waterproof issue.I too hope for smaller elliptical in the future.