Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Hunt with the T2 Ltd Camo

colt

This was my first using a T2 and I could have not picked a more difficult site, it is to hot to hunt in the lower AZ desert this time of year, so I decided to go to a recreation area located between Flagstaff and Prescott.

The ground cancel phase ran from 92 to 98 with 3 bars in most areas, I had to hunt for spots to get a good balance. To make matters worse I learned by talking to the locals that when the place was constructed they used fill dirt that was loaded with trash and for chits and giggles they covered the ground with bottle caps and chopped them up with lawn mowers.

Just to see what I was up against, I started hunting in all metal and there were targets ever where. A ton of iron of every size, bottle caps and pull tabs out the wazoo. I tried every setting Combo I could think of and settled on 1+, Sens at 60, and Disc at 49. Every time I increase the Sens the T2 would snap, crackle, pop and chatter, I know this is due to hot soil and an overload of undesirable targets.

I did not feel to bad, I left with some change and a good understanding on how the T2 works. I don't know about other T2's but mine does have chatter, but it will run hot and deep. After a couple of hours of dealing with all the targets, I decided to do some testing. I placed some coins on the ground to see how far away I could pick them up, using All Metal on a nickle the 5" coil was buzzing at it at 14 inches and the stock coil was more like 20". The only other detector that I have used that would even come close to that was an X5, another Dave J design. When I was doing the testing a couple of guys who were both into metal detectors came up to check out the test. Both of them were blown away by the test of the 5" coil, they both said that the detectors that they had at home would not come near that kind of performance.

Colt

Not in all metal.You must Gb when in all metal.. But in Disc mode..many times factory set GB ( 90) I believe, will work well in junky areas.. in fact better than a bad GB.

That was my first time using the T2, I really like the light weight and ease of use controls, just let your thumb do the adjusting. I did not get a chance to try the boost mode, I dug a few holes and they were loaded with junk.

I can't wait for the temps to cool down, I want to take the T2 to some old sites to see if I missed anything. Right now the day time temps are around 110 and by 9:00 am, it is just to darn hot to hunt.

Colt

One thing about the camo paint job, when the Park Ranger comes around, you can put it down, and say what metal detector!