Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st hunt with the Tesoro Golden & cleansweep coil

ronhob

I Love this new rig! The quarters really,really bang hard with a high tone. What a sweet sound!
I think I did fairly well for 6 1/2 hrs at a football field. I didn't get any rings, and only found a few nickles, but I had a lot of fun. Interestingly enough, I only found 2 less dimes than pennies.
I find the discrimination feature to be superb on this machine. I did find myself looking for a display # a few times, purely out of habit, to see if I had a dime or quarter. I got use to it pretty quick though.
The depth does lack with the CSC, but it is sufficient for new clad hunting. I was sometimes finding dimes and pennies at 4-5". I personally don't want to dig any further than that for new change. I did notice that the high tone has a hard time coming through on deeper clad. The tone on a dime at 4" might start out at a nickle low tone, and upon further investigation, bleed through to a high tone. This actually helped me to not dig the deeper penny/dime signals.
I found several instances where I got a good high tone and found aluminum foil (or other discriminated items) in the same hole with the coin.
I have had a bigfoot coil on a DFX before, and I can honestly say, I like this setup better!
My Bigfoot used to kind of spit and sputter and sound off a bit when bumped, although it worked fine and was possibly a little deeper. I feel the CSC has a more sturdy build and pinpoints fairly easily. The Bigfoot had a better pinpoint in that you could shut the back half the coil off, and quickly know which side of the coil the target was on, but that's the only thing I would say is superior about it. A person can have this setup for around the same price as a used Bigfoot coil (If you can find one). NO BRAINER in my book. -By the way, I sold my (pristine) Bigfoot coil about 3 years ago for $125 with the lower rod! LUCKY GUY that got that huh!

*I wouldn't have had quite that many trash targets, but I kept bumping the disc adjust. pot.
Anyway here are a few pics and a clad vs trash count.
Q-153
N-7
D-73
P-75

Trash-68

Nice coin count, glad your liking your new set up.

HH

Wow....... over fifty targets an hour, I'd have been done in after a couple of hours, way to go!

Great job! I love the CSC for big ground covering quick hunts. That field is bound to have gold in it. Keep digging!

Woe," my fields are not that packed with finds. that really is a good coin count .

Excellent hunt you had. I've only had a couple spots that produced like that. The clean sweep has become one of my favourite coils, and a sweet coil it is.