Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st impressions:

gsmith

Got my new T2SE with the updates on it from Chuck at Indian Nations Detectors earlier this week and finally got a chance to take it out a little bit this morning, only got to mess with it for about half an hour ....I had a T2 Se couple years ago and in a couple of parks here in town it was pretty much useless due to emi interference..so I took it to a large park here in town and purposely took it to a section of the park were everything I've tried there along with the T2, a Se Pro, F75ltd, Nautilus, At Pro, Xterra 705 and a few other machines in the past suffered some sort of interference and the Nauti, T2 and F75 being completely unusable, and the others barely tolerable....set up the machine in DE (DST is default ), sens 99 , bp mode with 11" coil and all I can say is WOW...what a night and day difference! Very, very little to none at all noise from Emi interference..what an absolute joy it was to run 99 sen with bp mode in an area that has been death to this machine in the past....anyways that is just a quick, short experience so far ....

Were you able to dig some goodies? Thinking about sending my T2SE in, probably after the holidays.

I've been watching for new releases from Technetics and this one is the most significant that I've see so far, makes me wonder which engineer's were responsible for this new upgrade, I know that earlier this year a main engineer defected from Whites electronics to Texas :)

"...a main evgineer DEFECTED..."

I think both Carl Moreland, the former Chief engineer at Whites (now at First Texas) and the folks at First Texas would object to the use of this word. This isn't the Cold War! LOL

Since air test are essentially for personal amusement only and I don't believe they have any bearing on "real" world hunting I've never bothered on any detector I've ever had ( and I've had a bunch in the last 20+ years )....however I have a test garden in the back yard that is now going on 17 yrs old and in 9.0 mode am 99 sens it will hit a 11" ( 11" 17 years ago...probably a few inches deeper now? ) mercury dime with somewhat jumpy numbers but they would be something I would dig in the field and is also only the 3rd detector, with the other 2 being a F75ltd and a Nautilus 2 a , that would hit my 12.5" clad quarter with solid tones....haven't had much field time with work and crappy weather but yesterday I did hit a wheat with a nail on top of it at about 6-7" in disc 20, sens 99, bp mode in an area that this machine when I had a none DST mode one several years ago wouldn't even operate in because of the emi issues....

Greg,thanks for the update,it certainly looks good the initial feedback and could well get my T2 updated,as for your comment regarding aiirtesting i agree with you 100% as in theory what figures airtesting gives you often does not give you the same figures when testing items in the ground.Same as you i have a 'matured' testbed as these would provide reliable information.

Once again thanks for the initial update,i will still give it a little longer prior to sending mine in,also we dont have a update facility over here in the UK.

I know the air tests really dont mean much,just wondering if the T2 would hit a nickel at 15 to 16 inch in all metal mode? because they say that some of the new F75s can hit a nickel at 23 inch in all metal mode.i know that the T2 and F 75s are pretty close to the same,i figured that the T2 in all metal would hit it way up there with the F 75s it does sound like to me that they have Emi interference worked out that is one big plus becaue i am thinking of getting myself a T2. thanks for the info.

is that only available with the upgrade. i don't remember seeing that on my t-2 and don't understand what the advantage would be. thanks

chuck said:
is that only available with the upgrade. i don't remember seeing that on my t-2 and don't understand what the advantage would be. thanks

It's available as an upgrade or if you purchase a new T2SE now, it should have DST. The units with DST run quieter.

so if emi was a problem before the upgrade and you run in bp mode it will still be a problem.