Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Large Cent

Leonard

Out this morning hunting at a old hotel cellar hole and got this 1849 Large Cent with a hole at the top , I guess it must of been worn around someone`s neck as a hand me down keep sake , along with this I hit a tree and got a total of 15 wheat pennies from around it , never did make it to foundation of the hotel yet spent 5 hours above it in which I think was the outside entrance of it .

Nice find. It would make a cool key fob and a daily reminder of the great stuff out there to find.

Congratulations! A fellow has to wonder who the original owner was and the backstory of the loss...nice recovery!:clapping:
Mud

A good bunch of old coins are holed. I read once that it was because they would sew them inside their jackets or whatever was worn back then. I'm not sure they had pants pockets. Always sounded plausible to me.
Congrats on your first.

Congrads on your first largie. Wow keep us posted on the hotel foundation area, that could be some pick, maybe some more first for you! Good Hunts, CO