Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st outing with the Anfibio

Big Treble

Got out and did some solid swinging from about 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM. And the gents I hunt with don't believe in lunch LOL. so definitely a solid 8 hours of swinging.

First the construction of the unit felt very robust, and I had no concerns of the machine not holding up to anything I can put it through.

Head phones were great....but while the phones fit and felt comfortable either way, they would only stay connected when the green half moon was on the same side of my head as the arm I was swinging with. In other words when reversed, like the green half moon on my left side, and the Anfibio was on the right side of my swing, it lost connection and sound came out of the speaker. It did reconnect on the opposite of the swing and sound came back to the phones. But they were very comfortable and sounded good.

I generally run my machines hot and wide open, while I didn't Jack up the gain, I did run it in 5 Tone, with no Discrimination or Notch Discrimination. I did adjust the fe Volume in this machine I remember it as zone volume. It was worth it's weight I gold, as I was in a trashy fairgrounds.

While it's still early with this machine, I can tell it's brutally fast. And definitely better balanced than my CTX, swinging it all day didn't bother my 50 year old battered shoulder.

Depth meter sucked, while it is switched over to inches everything, everything showed at least 5 inches. Even the double beeps just under the soil showed 5 inches. Never got a reading shallower than that.

Running hot I did hear a lot of faint 2 way high tones signals that did not register any VDI, I dough a couple just bits of deep nail. So I passed on the rest of those. Iron didn't false too bad really, most I figured out prior to digging as they rang up in the upper 90's (in the wrap zone) and registered as iron at 90 degrees. I swung over a spot where i believe a out building was burnt and most iron indicated iron right away. What suprised me is i did find a couple shallow coins in this trash, where iron normily make most machines sound like a machine gun.

Good news is the coins hit hard and were not iffy. They were rock solid in the trash and at 90 degrees. Downside is some older ring pulls would show up in the penny range in the 70's

Hopefully I can update more prior to my ground totally locking up.

I'm curious about the depth readings. Is this an isolated issue ? My CoRe is never even near accurate when it comes to depth and it makes me wonder why they can't get that settled.

dfmike said:
I'm curious about the depth readings. Is this an isolated issue ? My CoRe is never even near accurate when it comes to depth and it makes me wonder why they can't get that settled.

Talked with another user on another forum, he had the same experience as mine, but im sure an update would take care of that, hopefully that comes soon.

Nice report BT.

Kind of seems like Nokta/Makro machines have always had inaccurate depth readings. I that's the worst problem it has, that's not bad, and if Nokta put their minds to it, they should be able to resolve it with a firmware update.

GL&HH,
Cal