Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Silver Coin - 1948 Rosie

Gob-ler

Got my Xterra 705 back in February and have been learning, learning, learning! Have dug some $40.00 in clad. Found a very nice gold engagement ring with three diamonds the beginning of March and then a very nice Sterling Silver ring in a local park.

The last few times out I have been hitting a small park and I had pulled 4 quarters dated 1965 - 1967. Saturday I told the better half that this park was going to produce my first silver coin!

Well, today I had an hour or so and headed for the park with my gear. 40 or 50 yards down the old ballfield I got a nice high pitched hit. 38 on the TID, but not really loud. The depth indicator said deep! I cut my plug (been getting lots of practice doing that) and pried it over. The Garrett Pro Pointer hit deeper than the plug in the center of the hole. Made a deeper scoop and there it was gleaming on its edge. I knew I had my first silver coin! I sat there for a few minutes admiring how sharp the coin looked. I have a good feeling that there is more here. It will take a little time to cover that old ball field!

Here is a fresh just out of the hole photo! Many thanks for all the great and helpful info on here!

[attachment 262394 1948Rosie1.jpg]

Welcome to the forum. That is a nice first silver coin. Aint't nothing like digging that first silver coin. Now that is all you will think about.

Congratulations on your first silver coin find! :clapping: And a fine Rosie it is!

Congrat's on your first silver coin.

Since those old coins are real deep there make sure you swing your coil real slow. like a 4 sec swing speed or even a lil slower.

Congrats! May it be the first of many, you are now officially hooked! LOL