Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Silver Coin and Wheat with F70

pescadore

I went to a small town near me that has a river area that is used for a swimming hole. I got permission to hunt in a private area of the river and I had some good results. I only had time to hunt a small section of ground near the river but there is a lot more area to search in the future. I found some clad, a 1948 Wheatie and a 1960 Silver Canadian 10 cent piece. The F70 was flawless today and I am really getting the hang of it. Sorry for the bad photos. Will try to get some better ones.

Congrats on your first silver find with your new F70, good to hear your getting the hang of it. I'm liking that F75 I got too, it's been making some nice finds too. The other day I found three fired bullets and a dropped three ringer in flawless shape, some sort of buckle and other things.

mcuch said:
Congrats on your first silver find with your new F70, good to hear your getting the hang of it. I'm liking that F75 I got too, it's been making some nice finds too. The other day I found three fired bullets and a dropped three ringer in flawless shape, some sort of buckle and other things.

Thanks, i am glad you are liking the F75. It's nice to have a machine that you dont feel like you are missing stuff and need to upgrade. I have never hunted for relics but I know my machine would be capable and its a great coin machine which is what I so.
HH
Pesc

Nice hits, there just is something special about recovering a 1st silver with a new detector. Know there will be more to come. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Nice hits, there just is something special about recovering a 1st silver with a new detector. Know there will be more to come. HH jim tn

Thanks, I was really concerned that I might not find any silver at all this year because I am in a new location. I knew places to go where I lived in the past but there are serious restrictions on metal detecting in this area plus the ground is mostly rock. I joined a club tonight so hopefully I can get some advice on where to hunt around here. I will have a lot more opportunities in the summer when the lake parks open up. I am also researching some different areas to hunt.

Pesc