Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st time out in months...taa daa!

mojotrout

I hadnt swung my 705 since spring so i was amped to get out during the week and hunt some. I found an old (1900's) house that was putting new sod down and the owners let me swing over the newly exposed dirt with 6 inches of old stuff removed. Very, very iron-infested ground. I pulled about a half dozen wheaties out, along with a '54 dime. I then went to the right of way strip and searched -- where i found this guy!

[attachment 301322 photo2.JPG] [attachment 301324 photo3.JPG]

I found an old cigar shop token and an American Legion badge of some sort in the ROW strip too. This was my first and only silver dollar find - Im pretty happy! The Xterra likely wouldnt have found this with the top soil still intact as it was about 4 inches in the ground ( in addition to the 6+ inches that had been removed). Good timing and good luck, eh? Thanks for looking.

[attachment 301323 photo1.JPG]

WOW, a Morgan... A big congrat's on that one. Talk about good timeing....

I found my first silver dollar this summer and it was a Morgan too.... I know how you feel :beers:

Mark in S.E. IA said:
WOW, a Morgan... A big congrat's on that one. Talk about good timeing....

I found my first silver dollar this summer and it was a Morgan too.... I know how you feel :beers:

yeah, I shown it to several people over the weekend, its like a new child or something! These things appear to be rare finds nowadays so Im relishing it.

That is great. A Morgan wow. Congratulations on the great finds.

What a great find. grats

You know you may have been able to find it with your 705 without the top 6in removed. I have a half dollar buried at 10 inches and my 705 with the 9 in. 7.5 coil will hit it good. Not sure what your soil conditions are like. My gb numbers run 37 to 40 five ft. from the buried coin. I might add that I just buried it 2 days ago.

As a side not my CTX will also hit it with the 6" coil. Its iffy one way but diggable the other.

Once again that's a great find.

You might be right! I haven't recovered anything greater than 7-8 inches or so with my stock 9 inch coil yet, but that doesn't mean I wont at some point. And if ANYthing will hit at 10 inches, it should be a silver dollar!