Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st time out with the new 11" coil

Its been frozen here for the last 5 months and so not only was I out to try the new coil that arrived 2 days ago, I felt like I was starting all over with my Deus as it had been so long since I had been out.

I dropped all of my "tweaked" programs and went with the factory Basic 2 program modified to run at 12khz and with reactivity set to 2.

I noticed immediately how stable this coil sounded. Much less chatter and popping relative to my 9" coil.

I putzed around for about 1/2 hour digging pull tabs, pennies etc. when I hit a deep sounding target that was repeatable at 92/93 from every direction and a good solid sound. 6 1/2 inches down this 1907 Barber Quarter popped out of the ground....now that's performance that gets my attention.

This find came from an area I hunted probably 10 times in the past.

Before pulling this target, I have had little success digging good targets beyond 3-4", mostly I am sure I overlooked some that gave marginal responses with the 9" coil. This coil hit solid as a rock and the TID was right on the money.

This coil appears to be everything I had read about it before pulling the trigger. Anyone contemplating purchasing one will be pleased I am sure. Can't wait to run it the rest of the summer once I'm back in my Deus groove.

That's a fantastic pull for thie first time out with a new coil! Basic 2 has the silencer set at "4" in default so when you get more comfortable with the way signals sound you can ease the silencer down to 0 or 1 provided there's not a lot of bottlecaps around. You will gain a little depth this way, and with the reactivity in "2" you can expect to easily hit quarters at 8-9". After 8" the VDI in not dependable on a quarter-sized target but the audio will have a certain quality to it that screams "DIG ME!"