Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st wet sand hunt

ML

I went to a beach that is loaded with iron but still produces lots of older goodies. I used Standard mode, iron disc 40, audio on, and set the sens at 2-3 bars. I auto ground balanced and after a few pumps, it ran smooth (forgot to see what the GB number was). I just wanted to concentrate on digging belltones, as this beach gives up old silver and wheats. At first, I was getting fooled by the belltone of big deep iron but soon discovered that the numbers would jump all over the scale. A good belltone target would lock on to a high number. I did find that I was able to get close to iron sticking out of the sand and retreive targets right next to it, which I can't do with my Excal/Sov. I ended up finding 7 silver coins, a handfull of wheats, and a 1926 class ring, nothing real deep. I got fooled by junk a number of times but that happens. Other hunters at the same site were hitting lots of targets with their Minelabs. My hunting partner used a GoldBug today and did very well. All in all it was a very good day and I had fun using something that processed targets very quickly which is a definate advantage at this site. Next time at this beach I'll try the Pro mode and take it from there. I can't say the AT Pro will replace my Minelabs but its seems like a great detector at a really great price. Now, I just have to replace those damn headphones that were sliding off my head all day......

Wow Matt that sure sounds like an awesome first wet sand outing:thumbup:

Hey ML, Can you give us some MORE INFO on how the GOLD BUG did compared to the AT-PRO? Like DEPTH COMPARISONS & MASKING?
MANY THANKS Les

Les - Sorry but I can't provide much help. We only hunted a couple hours and were so busy learning each unit with all the iron targets scattered that we didn't compare but a few signals. Most of the goodies were pretty shallow. I know he was very pleased with the way the Gold Bug reacted to the iron, as was I with the AT Pro. When this beach is producing, you kinda just bear down and hunt. About an hour after we got there, six other hunters were working the same 50 foot area. Next time out we'll test them side by side.