Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 1/2 hours to find a Junk Ring

GoGoGopher

Well, it was cooler today than it has been in weeks...Temp was 78, but humidity was still high...It had rained for about 15 minutes Sunday, but the ground sucked it right up, and then went dry again...First inch of ground was like concrete, then after that, it is powder...Hard to dig 8" and 10" targets...I went back to the field where I found the mercs last week with the CZ 7a Pro, but no such luck today. Was digging mostly clad and junk...I was hoping for deep silver, or maybe a ring surprise...Well, I got a surprise alright...The ring is FAKE, but that stone had me going at first...lol...Size does matter! I found one wheat (1940), a 1941 nickel, and 1961, 62D, and 66 lincolns. This is in a field that I have hunted with about 8 different machines over the last 7 years....Clad count came to 19 countable coins (I do not count Silver, Wheats, Foreign, or chewed Zinc coins) for $2.25...

08-06-12WoodsField1.jpg

08-06-12WoodsField2.jpg

100_3242.jpg

100_3244.jpg

Some folks ask how much trash I dig in search of rings...
100_3239.jpg

Is that enough for ya?
08-06-12WoodsField.jpg

HH,

I hear ya about the dry ground. It's like this most of the time where I live. Makes a fellow want to just go dig in the tot lots or the water. But it looks like you are doing ok with your CZ7a Pro. We just need some moisture. I try to remember the easier digging spots I have been to in the past and I hunt those...just to keep me interested. Once in a while a neat find will surface...even through the hard, dry ground. Stay cool and hydrated...some better days are ahead.