Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2.77 upgrade

I've just passed 20 hours of detecting time on my Simplex. I usually am a lurker, but I'm going to type up my impressions after 20 hours of use. Figure it might be of interest to somebody out there.

This post however is a question. Have any of you Simplex users find the 2.77 upgrade and noticed that your pinpoint is now complete crap? I noticed it right off the bat. Feels and acts completely different than 2.76.

Also have any of you had trouble with your Simplex VDI "running away" That is to say, on several occasions now my display starts running up and down thru all the numbers. At first I thought it was EMI, but it happened again today in an area I had just spent an hour detecting with no problem. Machine just started going beserk. It's happened twice now in two different settings. Any thoughts are appreciated. I wish I could attach video of it since I took some today.

Anyway, I'm going to type up my impressions of the Simplex in the next day or so. Best of luck everyone!

Simplex + #1 I've had since mid-November and it has V. 2.76 update, and my newest Simplex + #2 I've had since June 3rd with V. 2.77 update. I have not experienced any issues with the Pinpoint function between these two, nor have I had any issues with spastic VDI numbers running around oddly. They are both working quite well.

Monte

PS: They will both work a lot better when we get two proper-size smaller Accessory Coils on the market for them.

No issues with my Simplex + or the 2.77 upgrade im learning this unit slowly it is a depth demon and has one of the fastest target seperations i have ever seen. This is what i have noticed while using my Simplex when it hits on a good target you can hear the sharpness of the hit and id is excellent when you hit a junky signal it sounds like it broken up signal with a jumpy id but the best thing for anyone is too listen to the tones but then agane no detector no matter what is 100% percent on id. Now the pinpoint i find is pretty spot on i think it depends on the shape,size and depth of the target. I gotta say its a killer unit for the price range.

I’ve been having more troubles with the pinpointing in 2.77 I might try out 2.78 see if it’s better

No issues with my Simplex + or the 2.77 upgrade im learning this unit slowly it is a depth demon and has one of the fastest target seperations i have ever seen. This is what i have noticed while using my Simplex when it hits on a good target you can hear the sharpness of the hit and id is excellent when you hit a junky signal it sounds like it broken up signal with a jumpy id but the best thing for anyone is too listen to the tones but then agane no detector no matter what is 100% percent on id. Now the pinpoint i find is pretty spot on i think it depends on the shape,size and depth of the target. I gotta say its a killer unit for the price range.
Thanks for the reply. I'm seeing people on different forums both having problems specifically with the pinpointing, but also NOT having problems. Appreciate the viewpoint

I’ve been having more troubles with the pinpointing in 2.77 I might try out 2.78 see if it’s better
Thanks, Coinboy. I've been seeing more people on different channels that are having problems. But some are not. I'm hoping the 2.78 will help, but also need to get to the bottom of what 2.78 does before I upgrade to it. I've been hearing conflicting reports about it.

Can't say it's a depth demon yet. Still working that out. Maybe I need a test plot.