Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 cent piece, Buckle, and Button

Evolution

Hunted an old house today with a friend. Found an 1865 2 cent piece, a nice silver plated buckle piece that I thought was solid silver when it came up, and a huge flat button.

Nice finds.. i dont think ive ever found a 2 center yet..i have found 2 shield nickles of same era.. 2 centers elude me.. congrats on some nice finds..

Nice finds! I found an 1865 2 cent piece a few weeks ago. It's only the second I've ever found in 35 years detecting. One of the guys from my club showed up recently with 5 of them, 3 out of the same hole. They are rare to find as they didn't get much circulation and they didn't make them for a long period of time.

doninbrewster said:
Nice finds! I found an 1865 2 cent piece a few weeks ago. It's only the second I've ever found in 35 years detecting. One of the guys from my club showed up recently with 5 of them, 3 out of the same hole. They are rare to find as they didn't get much circulation and they didn't make them for a long period of time.
I know what you mean. They certainly don't turn up every day. I've found 5 over the years.... the first 3 were all 1864 and just this year I've found an 1869 and an 1865.