Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2-d 3-d Imaging

Albert

Is it just me or is there something happening with the new detectors coming out ? The ctx has a 2-d screen , the manticore same , nokta has a 3-d screen on a new detector that is coming out , the Golden something , and has another one similar to it I think I read somewhere. This leads me to believe that Garrett was way ahead of his time when they came out with the gti 2500 with imaging . Sure it doesn’t image the object very deep , maybe 6-8” at most , but think about it . The gti has been around a lot longer than most detectors and Garrett was the first to use imaging I believe . I’m probably wrong about this but it’s head scratching why it seems that the metal detector companies are coming back to this technology . Kudos to Garrett for being such an innovator from so long ago . I still have my like new gti 2500 and sure it’s not as fast on separation and light weight or maybe not as deep as some of the new or newer models coming out but that imaging sure put it years ahead of its competitors and it even talks to me lol . I think if Garrett came out with a newer version of the gti , for example, 15 kh frequency , less weight , maybe even updatable with imaging , more imaging coils and a few more technological updates it would be a great competitor against some of the newer detectors and older detectors . Of course this is all my opinion so don’t bash me too much lol . Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year . 🎄🎆 🇺🇸

I remember my GTI 2500 man it was heavy but did lack iron disc on deep targets but with the 12 inch imaging coil nothing at the time was deeper pulled a old Dandy scallop button from at least 16 inche hole and others at the hunt with there updated/ new technology detectors just stood there scratching there heads in disbelief true story!