Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Deus Machines out of 1

charlotte49er

First, I have to say, I can't take credit for this. It was posted on a metal detecting website. (I probably can't post which website.)

But it sounds intriguing enough for me to try.

What's needed:

1 - XP DEUS Standard coil detector (either headphones version)
1 - 13" DD Coil
1 - arm assembly complete (Minelab X-Terra's and White's MXT shafts work)

- Mount 1 Dues Coil to other arm assembly (keep the coil you want to use on the "S" arm assembly.)

- turn both the remote control and the headphones ON and let whatever active coil register them,

- turn the remote control OFF,

- press the "MENU" button on headphones as many times as needed to reach 'COIL',

- press the "+" button to reach "02" (if you have only two search coils paired with the headphones), and

- wait a minute to allow the coil to become active (the coil's LED will produce a few long and bright flashes during activation);

- turn the remote control back ON and make sure that it is connected to the search coil "01" (press "OPTION" --> "COIL", page 23 of the Instruction Manual), and now both Deuses are ready to hunt!

I think I'll try this. According to S., it has impressive performance for both machines.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. There are some creative users out there when it come to the DEUS!

Yes...if you do not have the Deus Lite, and you have more then 1 coil....you have 2 machines. I purchased the standard XP Deus package, then later added the 11X13" coil......I now have 2 machines if I wish. I used an extra White's lower from my V3i with a little modification and it works great.

If you switch on the remote and then select the other coil, while person 1 has his headphones connected with the first coil, make sure to have enough distance that the remote shows missing coil. Happened to me - gave my wife the second DEUS on the beach for the first time ever, and she wondered why she never finds anything and the signals sound so unassociated. Well, as I took over control, here wireless headphones got switched to my detector as well. :devil:
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Hauptmann aD said:
If you switch on the remote and then select the other coil, while person 1 has his headphones connected with the first coil, make sure to have enough distance that the remote shows missing coil. Happened to me - gave my wife the second DEUS on the beach for the first time ever, and she wondered why she never finds anything and the signals sound so unassociated. Well, as I took over control, here wireless headphones got switched to my detector as well. :devil:
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Interesting way to make sure you got all the goodies....I might try this with some sort of little "side bet" to who ever finds the most stuff....heh heh.....