Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Deus Questions...

NealNoIN

First the easy one: Is it okay to submerge the coil in shallow water (1 or 2 feet)?
Second: I like the Deus Fast preset in iron. What would be your first choice to change on that program to get more depth but still keep most of the separation? TX power? It's at 2. Sensitivity? It's at 90. Lower frequency? It's at 18Khz. Reactivity is at 3.
Thanks,
Neal

Deus coil is good to go in the water no problem. If you want to really do some water hunting you need the accessories for water. See your dealer. Question 2. Has a little more meat on the bone. Given the choices you have listed I would go with lowering the reactivity to improve depth. Even set at 1 for reactivity the Deus is much faster then other machines out there and you will be deep.

As CT Todd said drop the reactivity setting but I would go one step further after reducing the reactivity press expert and reduce the silencer, back to -1 again. -1 will give you the most depth but will be a bit chatty. I drop my sensitivity to get rid of a lot of it. Don't be afraid to drop the sensitivity to gain stability. With these settings I can get a quarter at 12" with a sen. setting as low as 65.

Second: I like the Deus Fast preset in iron. What would be your first choice to change on that program to get more depth but still keep most of the separation? TX power? It's at 2. Sensitivity? It's at 90. Lower frequency? It's at 18Khz. Reactivity is at 3.

You can run sens up. I usually run 93 if EMI will allow.
Reactivity levels 0,1,2 are all deeper than 3. Silencer setting -1 is the go to setting for max dept. One note though you;ll notice your machine will be more swing speed sensitive; especially at reactivity level 0. This swing speed sensitivity will lessen as you progress up with each reactivity setting. Just remember your silencer setting automatically sets to -1 in reactivity levels 3, 4, and 5. Not so with 0,1,and 2. I would leave TX power at 2. Tx3 amy yield the slightest amount of additional depth but will kill your coil battery faster.

Yes use TX power 3 reactivity of 1 if not in heavy iron
silencer -1 and check you ground bal it if the bar on the right is not showing any info or just has a few bars leave it a 90 disc below 10 and I would try a lower freq maybe 8-12